ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

birds flying under the text in the skye???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hanssenbirds flying under the text in the skye???
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:04:13 am

I have a video of some birds flying in the sky. (the cam was put on it's back with the lens pointing at the sky and the birds flying over it)

what i want, is to write a text in the sky and have the birds fly BELOW it, and not, as it happens now, that they fly above it. So in a way the text must be cear and transparant.

I'm a beginner in AE, but learned basic techniques, but I can not figure out how to do it.

I tried with Mattes, but some how i do not succeed.

hope some one can be of some help.

best regards,

Paul

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: birds flying under the text in the sky???
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 12:35:11 am

[Paul Hanssen] "I tried with Mattes, but some how i do not succeed.
"

You'll need to isolate the birds somehow. Either by creating an alpha matte from the color information (do a search for Shift Channels), or rotoscoping the birds which may be next to impossible depending on the number of birds, duration of footage, quality of video, (interlaced or progressive) etc.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: birds flying under the text in the skye???
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:11:14 am

If you have clear sky (blue) then it should be really easy. Use a keyer- Keylight is best, a smple Color Key may work as well- to eliminate the blue in the sky and just keep the birds. Comp that on top of the un-altered clip and put the text in between.
If you have clouds then you may need to use a Luma Key.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: birds flying under the text in the skye???
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:38:58 pm

If the camera is locked down you could try using a differnce matte. It's really a long shot, but I've managed to make it work on a few occassions.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]