ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render warping and distortion: Possibly a result of timewarp and opacity keys, but not certain.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David MacaraRender warping and distortion: Possibly a result of timewarp and opacity keys, but not certain.
by on Nov 16, 2011 at 3:21:19 am

Hello all-

I've been noticing some odd blending & warping errors within my After Effects 5.5 renders. The trouble started when I implemented the use of the timewarp effect to speed & slow a presentation to accommodate an audio track. I've also noted that Warping seems to occur whenever I use Opacity key-frames to fade assets into or out of the scene.

I've attached some examples of the distortions I've been experiencing, in addition to the timewarp settings that I've been using. It might also be worth mentioning that I'm using motion blur on some assets, but no frame blending.

I'm wondering if this is a common problem within After Effects.

As I write this I realise that a better alternative might be to render from AE uncompressed without use of timewarp, then use Premiere to modify the speed of the rendered movie to accommodate the audio track. Any thoughts?

Appreciate your insights.

David.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Render warping and distortion: Possibly a result of timewarp and opacity keys, but not certain.
by on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:39:42 am

You will get the best results from Time Remapping if you precompose your project and then apply a Time Remapping to it, to match your music. If you render and then time remap, you will get the distortion you mentioned.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

David MacaraRe: Render warping and distortion: Possibly a result of timewarp and opacity keys, but not certain.
by on Nov 16, 2011 at 11:04:32 pm

Thanks Ted- You're quite correct. Tested and no errors!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]