ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Reduction of distortion in timelapse

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuel WereReduction of distortion in timelapse
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 2:57:18 pm

I am doing timelapse sequence showing building of house. I have hundreds of photos I took every day at construction yard. I did all photos from this same place but as you can expect every photo has small different distortion - different angle, liitle different zoom. But the main object (house) is always in center. There are also several static points which was unchanged during the whole process (background buildings, forground street etc). Is there any tool which is able to reduce the distortions? I would like to have my house from each photos at this same position at screen?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Reduction of distortion in timelapse
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 4:33:45 pm

You can try importing all your photos as a sequence of files and then see if you can stabilize the clip. This should track the images and try to position each frame so that the main features (house, buildings) are in the same place in the frame.
For more on this:

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Samuel WereRe: Reduction of distortion in timelapse
by on Nov 18, 2011 at 3:25:02 pm

Yes, I can do this. I can track several static points during entire sequence. But what then??? How to use this tracking data? Please remember that not only position is changing but also the scale and rotation

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved