ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Capture whole website in one?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly LawerCapture whole website in one?
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 10:55:20 am

Hi,

I am animating a website. I'm using screen flow. Can I capture the whole website in one hit, rather than trying to scowl down live on the website (which looks jerky), or take 2 images (top and bottom) and stitch together in AE?

Thanks

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Steve WaldronRe: Capture whole website in one?
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 12:10:22 pm

Although a bit of a pain I've always found the stitching method the best looking. It gives you more control over speed of scrolling etc afterwards and enables you to ease in and out of scrolls using the keyframes. I've never found any screen recording software to consistently not jerk whilst scrolling which is a shame.

If you do find a way of grabbing an entire web page let me know as that could be useful, usually though I take several still shots and then line them up, it takes some time but gives a nice look.

Return to posts index

Steve WaldronRe: Capture whole website in one?
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 12:24:24 pm

Although a bit of a pain I've always found the stitching method the best looking. It gives you more control over speed of scrolling etc afterwards. I've never found any screen recording software to consistently not jerk whilst scrolling.

Return to posts index

Thomas HannenRe: Capture whole website in one?
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 5:08:04 pm

The firefox add-on Screengrab lets you grab whole webpages, but only as static images. If you don't need to scroll, I guess you could grab a static whole page using that, then use screenflow to overlay the portion of the page that you are clicking on (until the page redraws or changes).

Not ideal, but might be better than nothing?

T

Return to posts index

Steve BlackerRe: Capture whole website in one?
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 9:50:35 pm

For the Mac, I use an app called "Little Snapper", great for screenshots and stuff in general, but will also capture a whole webpage. I've used it for similar animation setups and it works fine. I'm sure there are tons of similar utilities out there for screen grabbing.

It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Capture whole website in one?
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 6:35:24 pm

I usually do screengrabs, stitch them together, then recreate as much of the page with higher-res media, vector, or native AE elements as possible. This is not the right approach for every situation, but it does allow you to produce much more complicated animations with a higher degree of control.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Olly LawerRe: Capture whole website in one?
by on Nov 15, 2011 at 2:37:15 pm

Thank you for all your replies.

I found a free program in the end that would allow me to do it. Unfortunately, one of the pages is so long that it won't work properly on screen flow. However I've figured out a better solution now.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]