ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cleaning a poor green screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Chute
Cleaning a poor green screen
on Nov 13, 2011 at 12:49:30 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had some helpful tips on trying to clean up this green screen shot. I have posted a few screen shots of where I'm at at the moment. I've tried adding 'Change colour' to move the blue light spill to something more useable. Its worked a little but I'm still having an issue with jagged edges on the blinds.

Any help much appreciated! Deadline tomorrow!

Jack Chute

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Cleaning a poor green screen
on Nov 13, 2011 at 2:53:08 pm

You should be OK with this shot. Your issues with blockiness is likely due to a poor acquisition format - HDV or a similarly compressed format.

You should apply the "Reduce DV Blockiness" preset that ships with AE. Apply this preset prior to Keylight. This preset is in the Image Utilities folder.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Jack Chute
on Nov 13, 2011 at 3:28:06 pm

Excellent solution! ....almost!

The only issue now is that the blurred lines are flickering a bit. They're smooth and crisp but they're waving and flickering up and down. I've blended the Blue and Green (blur UV) to smooth the lines. This is my first time using "reduce DV blockyness' so I might be missing something?

Anything I can do to sort this out?

Thanks so much for your help. Its almost there!

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Nov 13, 2011 at 4:04:01 pm

It's hard to say without seeing the actual thingy. Is the flickering due to the keying or the source footage. If it's the source footage, then a wee bit of Interlace Flicker will work well.

If it's the keying that's causing the flicker then you may have some edge chatter. Ensure that you clean up the black spots and DO NOT use Keylight's Spill Suppressor which is known to create noise and if it's a lot of noise, you may get the flickering artefact.

Use AE's Spill Supressor and Matte tools if you need to.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]