ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating an animation for web HTML5 with a transparent background.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cat JohnsonCreating an animation for web HTML5 with a transparent background.
by on Nov 13, 2011 at 5:35:43 am

I am trying to export a simple logo animation from After Effects CS5 into a format I can use in a web page, preserving the transparent background. I see through looking at old posts that this can be done with an flv file. However, I don't want to use Flash. I want to use the HTML Video tag, and have the logo come in as I load up the page, over the rest of the page, and into it's position. I have tried exporting with RGB + Alpha, and exporting it as a PNG File. I have checked the checkerbox in AE to allow for a transparent background. I can't seem to get a file that I can use in my page that still has a transparent background. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Creating an animation for web HTML5 with a transparent background.
by on Nov 13, 2011 at 2:48:29 pm

I doubt that WebM's native video container supports transparency. I can only think of F4V, which is also supported in HTML5 but of course it requires the required player.

You may want to visit other more specific COW Forums for your issues.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Cat JohnsonRe: Creating an animation for web HTML5 with a transparent background.
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 4:25:20 pm

Thanks! I don't want to use Flash. I am wondering if maybe learning Canvas is the way to go... I need to do some more research on that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]