ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Exporting from After Effects to Avid MC5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack wormellExporting from After Effects to Avid MC5
by on Nov 11, 2011 at 7:29:40 pm

Hi There

I'm doing some end credits in After Effects which I then want to put into Avid Media Composer 5 with project settings: DNxHD 185, Rec709 colour space, 1080x1920 Progressive.

I'm unsure as to what format the current After Effects project is in (I'm not the one actual doing the credits) but I was wondering if I can just make sure that on the export from After Effects the settings are the same as the Avid Project.

Will this tackle any format problems, or does the After Effects project have to have the correct settings (the same as the Avid project) from the start?

Cheers Guys

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Exporting from After Effects to Avid MC5
by on Nov 11, 2011 at 7:59:56 pm

Composition settings in AE are independent of the output/rendered file. This is quite dissimilar to NLEs that require a default format and CODECs when creating a timeline/sequence. However,

However, having a default format and CODEC will actually allow the render engine to work more efficiently during previews.

You should download the DNxHD CODEC from the Avid Website and install it onto your machine. Then render out to this CODEC.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

jack wormellRe: Exporting from After Effects to Avid MC5
by on Nov 12, 2011 at 11:56:09 am

Cheers Roland,

Yeah, I thought the best thing would be to download the Avid Codec and export to that.

Thanks for the help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved