ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Delete alpha channel from one image (and see the image in render)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Antón Fernández
Delete alpha channel from one image (and see the image in render)
on Nov 10, 2011 at 6:23:51 pm

Hello.

I have 2 footage. One background (a landscape) and one person in chroma.

I put the person in composition, delete chroma key, and put down the landscape. Okey, We have the person in one layer (without the green chroma) and a landscape in background. If I see the alpha channels, after effects create a white alpha channel for the background.

My question is, how can I render this image (exactly how is in this moment the persond and the landscape) but, with one exception, I want to delete the alpha channel from the background. How can I do it?

Rendering one tga or tiff, the result has to be that I get a simple image with my person and his new landscape, but when I put in After effects, or another composition program, I can desactivate the alpha, then I only get my person in composition.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Delete alpha channel from one image (and see the image in render)
on Nov 10, 2011 at 8:27:36 pm

You're basically asking for a layered tiff which keeps elements (including their alpha channel) completely separated.

After Effects does not produce this kind of file, at least not through any setting or technique that I am aware of.

Angelo Lorenzo
http://filmsfor.us - Helping you sell your film online

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 10, 2011 at 8:38:56 pm

How about rendering a separate Alpha-only pass for your foreground element? Then AE or any other compositing app can use it as a luma matte against the full image.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Nov 15, 2011 at 2:59:34 pm

Walter, your suggestion is one I gave when he asked this question over at VideoCopilot. However, in file formats that use alpha, it's encoded as a seperate channel. There must be a way (not necessarily with AE) to encode an alpha channel but still have color data on the whole thing. That way you can either tell your program to use the alpha or ignore it. Right? I mean, from a workflow standpoint, it's not any better than the luma matte idea, but it would be an interesting exercise.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]