ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Multiple masks question - 1 inverted Mask works fine, 2 cancel each other?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
guy jonesMultiple masks question - 1 inverted Mask works fine, 2 cancel each other?
by on Nov 9, 2011 at 11:09:20 pm

Hi all, what a great community, I've been learning from this forum for a few years now and it's the best I've found. Not just the info, but the fact that the threads don't deteriorate into insults and nazi comparisons (Godwins Law). So thankyou all.

My question is that when I've added a INVERTED mask, for instance to remove somebodies head, and then wanted to add INVERTED another mask and remove his hand also, the 2 inverts seems to cancel each other out.
This makes sense if they were overlapping, but they are far apart, is there a way to have multiple inverted masks on a layer? thanks
Guy

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Multiple masks question - 1 inverted Mask works fine, 2 cancel each other?
by on Nov 10, 2011 at 12:47:16 am

Set the second mask to Subtract.

Return to posts index

guy jonesRe: Multiple masks question - 1 inverted Mask works fine, 2 cancel each other?
by on Nov 10, 2011 at 3:46:17 am

you rule!

Return to posts index

David KoslingRe: Multiple masks question - 1 inverted Mask works fine, 2 cancel each other?
by on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:29:51 pm

Any idea how do this is accomplished in Premiere vs AE? Same thing happens when you try to do more than one mask in PP. There's only one Opacity option which is set to "Normal".
Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]