ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mocha Tracking and Mocha Shapes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michaelle McGaraghanMocha Tracking and Mocha Shapes
by on Nov 9, 2011 at 8:28:24 am

Hi Cow Community,

I'm working in CS5, on a Mac Pro quad core tower.
I have a screen where someone's thumb is obscuring one of the corners and I need to insert a graphic onto that screen. So far I've managed to track the screen successfully but I cannot get the Mocha Shape to translate correctly in after effects. When I paste the information back into AE it distorts the screen insert.
These were my steps to create the mocha shape
1. create a spline in mocha and track, setting the surface points as if I had 4 true points instead of three and a thumb.
2. create a nicer spline that goes around the thumb and linked that to the tracking data from the first spline
3. copy the shape data to AE, I chose to copy it to the image that was going to be inserted over the screen

The end result is that the image I'm trying to mask is tiny and its floating around in the mask rather than filling it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
m

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Mocha Tracking and Mocha Shapes
by on Nov 9, 2011 at 10:07:33 am

[Michaelle McGaraghan] "3. copy the shape data to AE, I chose to copy it to the image that was going to be inserted over the screen"

You should Paste Mocha's Shape Data onto the footage that you tracked. Your final composite will involve at least three layers; from top to bottom -
1) Original footage with Mocha Shape Data applied
2) Insert Layer with CornerPin Data applied
3) Original footage

Layer 1 above will mask the thumb so that it is over the insert layer. Perhaps you will want to solo each layer so that you have a better idea what each layer entails.

Lastly, the reason for the visual anomaly is that the size of your insert is smaller compared to the tracked footage.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]