ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render a project with draft and non draft layers in the same sequence

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ingela AnderssonRender a project with draft and non draft layers in the same sequence
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 8:35:59 pm

Hello I am working with a project where I must have one layer in "draft mode" to make the edges totally sharp and the other layers in "non draft mode" to make the shadows lock good. If I render the project and choose draft the shadows will be ugly and if I render it in "best mode" the edges on the layer which is in draft (I have scaled this layer up like 2000 %) will be non sharp. The only way around this problem Which I have found is to first render the draft layer as a tifsequence (it must be nonconpressed) and than import the tifsequence and replace the first layer which was in draft.

This is time consuming and takes a lot of hard disk space... Is there a better way to do it?
best regards: Ingela

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Render a project with draft and non draft layers in the same sequence
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 9:12:09 pm

You can turn a single layer into draft mode by clicking the quality switch on the layer. This link provides more info: [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Render a project with draft and non draft layers in the same sequence
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 9:30:37 pm

[Ingela Andersson] " If I render the project and choose draft the shadows will be ugly and if I render it in "best mode" the edges on the layer which is in draft (I have scaled this layer up like 2000 %) will be non sharp."

Don't render with either Draft (which forces all settings down) or Best (which forces all settings up). Set each layer as you like and render with Current settings.

[Ingela Andersson] "The only way around this problem Which I have found is to first render the draft layer as a tifsequence (it must be nonconpressed) and than import the tifsequence and replace the first layer which was in draft."

This is actually my preferred method for doing this. You can precomp and use pre-rendering [link] or proxies [link] to make the process somewhat easier.

TIFF sequences are uncompressed by default; you can enable LZW compression (which is still lossless) in the Output Module's Format options. Alternately, you could use a PNG sequence (which is also losslessly compressed).

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]