ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

have an idea for a project, but i dont know if it will work! what do i do?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john damianihave an idea for a project, but i dont know if it will work! what do i do?
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 11:59:47 am

i am planning on doing a particular project (i wont go into detail unless i need to), but its going to be a huge undertaking, several days or even possibly weeks! however, i have never done something like this before and i dont know how it will turn out when it all comes together. i have scrapped projects in the past due to this, even after spending many, many hours. i was hoping i could get some suggestions on how to minimize the time spent to discover if a project is feasible or will turn out like expected. thanks for any insight!!!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: have an idea for a project, but i dont know if it will work! what do i do?
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 3:44:17 pm

[john damiani] "i was hoping i could get some suggestions on how to minimize the time spent to discover if a project is feasible or will turn out like expected."

Identify the most challenging parts and do small-scale tests before committing a lot of time to the project as a whole. Be ready with a Plan B -- an alternate approach -- for these challenging components to avoid the need to scrap the entire project if Plan A doesn't work out.

What is it that you're looking to do?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

john damianiRe: have an idea for a project, but i dont know if it will work! what do i do?
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 3:22:57 am

i want to create a 3d stage for 2d characters. i was going to try and use lights and particle effects to give it a sort of rave feel. its mainly illumination i need to make work, i dont know if i will be able to get the lights to shine on the images right. if not i will have to scrap it, i havent had much time recently, but tomorrow i will probably start testing it out.

also, what do you mean by small scale? thank you for your time.

Return to posts index

Jeff BrownRe: have an idea for a project, but i dont know if it will work! what do i do?
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 5:11:39 pm

"Small scale" for me would be: testing with one character, to see if I can make 5 seconds look right; not setting up a 5-minute comp at the start.
Big projects are built from lots of small pieces, not by building a big project...

-jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]