ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to parent particle emitter to a track point?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon NankivellHow to parent particle emitter to a track point?
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 7:48:39 am

Hi.

I have followed many of Andrew Kramer's tutorials and now I am trying to do some of my own things with what I have learnt but I am still learning. I took the below footage at a lake with a 720p iPod Video Camera and I applied lots of color correction and basically I am trying to give it a "heavenly" and peaceful theme of some sort, as if it is some kind of enchanted forest.

Anyway to the point, How do I set a track point of some sort the bottom of the tree trunk (with particles surrounding it) so that I can parent the XY position of my particles to a specific point? The camera shakes a little even after I stabalised the motion with AE. At the moment, the particles emitter position is static so it doesn't move when it should be emitting from the bottom of the tree trunk.

I hope I made sense and help is appreciated.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=hpy3j2dts6jqwjo&thumb=4

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How to parent particle emitter to a track point?
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:32:25 pm

Read up on motion tracking: [link]
Apply tracking data to a null object.
The next step is different depending on which particle effect you're using.
You could pick whip the position of the emitter to the null's position. However, the particles already emitted won't move with the camera's movement.
If you're using Particular, you could pick whip the world position to the null object's position so that everything moves with the camera.
If you're not using Particular, you can see if your particle effect has something similar or just parent your particle layer to the null.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Joe ShebleRe: How to parent particle emitter to a track point?
by on Jan 11, 2012 at 3:45:05 am

I'm using Particular, but I don;t get what you're saying about pic-whip the worlds position of the emitter. There is only entries for X Rotation, Y Rotation, Z Rotation, X Offset, Y Offset, and Z Offset. How do I pic-whip the wolrd position to the position of the null created at the tracked point?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How to parent particle emitter to a track point?
by on Jan 13, 2012 at 2:54:37 pm

The x,y,z offset is what you need to use. Although, you don't really need to use the z part of it since you're only moving it in x and y.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]