ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D investigator pro 4.0

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marcia marra3D investigator pro 4.0
by on Nov 5, 2011 at 7:36:28 pm

I just began working with Zaxwerks 3D investigator pro 4.0. I am using this plug in with Adobe After Effects CS4.

I'm having a problem with the effects control "scene preview". I cannot drag any objects using the tools; and I can't even get the object or view popups to reveal their lists.
I can, however,move the objects or camera by using the sliders in the sets or camera twirl downs. I can also move the objects in the set up preview without any problem.
When I move the objects in the set up preview and click ok, clicking the update button in the scene preview will move the object as I wanted. But why cant I move these objects while in the scene preview?

I have the program installed on two different computers (Win XP and Win 7) with the same results. My Win 7 rig has 6gb of ram, and I7 intel proccessor, and a Nvidia GEforce 9800 gt graphics card.

After trying to move an object in the effects control "scene preview" unsuccessfully, the menus and other dialogue boxes in after effects get jumpy and shaky. However, when I twirl up the scene preview making it active, the shaking stops and the menus become more stable.

What gives? Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong? Can someone help me out?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: 3D investigator pro 4.0
by on Nov 5, 2011 at 8:21:18 pm

I think you mean Invigorator Pro ... 3d investigator is a motion tracking rig...
Anyway, version 4.0 was kind of clunky to animate as far as I can remember. Try upgrading to 5.0, and you'll be able to link your 3d objects to a 3d layer. This way you can animate using the AE controls.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

tom gatRe: 3D investigator pro 4.0
by on Mar 2, 2012 at 9:23:39 am

i think you want to say This way you can animate using the AE controls
and 3d system
new york security guards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved