ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking rendering plug-in “Advanced 3D”. On an iMac

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny HamiltonAfter Effects error: crash occurred while invoking rendering plug-in “Advanced 3D”. On an iMac
by on Nov 5, 2011 at 6:02:48 pm

Okay, so hopefully I didn't just make a HUGE mistake by purchasing this iMac... Here's the story

I'm on a 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 27inch Mid 2011 iMac
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6970M
16 gb Ram Installed on a APPLE SSD TS256C
(absolutely brand new- just pulled it out of the box yesterday)
I'm running AE CS5

Anyway, I'm working on a fairly simple project. I'm using a lot of .ai image sequences to create cell-like animation. Randomly and very frequently AE crashes and says:

"After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking rendering plug-in “Advanced 3D”

I've tried turning off Open GL thinking that might have something to do with it, but to no avail!

The real bummer is that when it is working the render previews are like 1.5 times faster than my old mac pro! I asked a bunch of techie friends if they thought this latest iMac would be robust enough to handle AE and everyone said they thought so.

Please! Any info would be so apreciated!

Thanks,
Jonny

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking rendering plug-in “Advanced 3D”. On an iMac
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:19:58 pm

Have you downloaded the latest update for AE?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jonny HamiltonRe: After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking rendering plug-in “Advanced 3D”. On an iMac
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 5:31:42 pm

Yeah, I'm all up to date for CS5. I don't have 5.5.

Anyway, I believe I found the problem and it had to do with one of the files I was using, not AE, or the iMac. I wasn't able to isolate the exact file, but I narrowed it down to one comp- which just happened to be nested in a bunch of others. I exported all of my ai sequences as png sequences, and replaced them in the project. Since then it's been smooth sailing.

Thanks for responding anyway!

jonny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]