ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Greenscreen stop motion composition and render settings in After effects ???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kristina vasiljeva
Greenscreen stop motion composition and render settings in After effects ???
on Nov 4, 2011 at 2:46:30 pm

I am fairly new to After Effects but have worked with premier pro before . I'm trying to make a stop motion animation using jpegs.(roughly less then 1 min long) Currently I'm using the HDV 1080 29.97 preset.
The idea is that a video file will be greenscreened behind the sequence for the sky effect of jpegs.

I am using keylight (1.2)for the greenscreen. What is the best way of creating and rendering the project?
Do i have to render each jpeg after i set the keylight then return and put it together with the avi in the background as it has not worked when i try to set it up all together and render right away. Is there any other render settings i should use, so far i'v been using the video for windows format choosing the RGB+Alpha output.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Greenscreen stop motion composition and render settings in After effects ???
on Nov 4, 2011 at 3:09:10 pm

Why not import all your pictures into AE as an image sequence? Then you can just treat is as a video. Make sure to interpret the footage at the correct frame rate. Then you can just treat it as a video file when you're doing your keying.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Greenscreen stop motion composition and render settings in After effects ???
on Nov 4, 2011 at 3:55:06 pm

I agree with Michael -- image sequences will work well for your JPEGs.

I'll also add that the HDV 1080 29.97 preset doesn't use square pixels. Unless you have a specific reason to use that, you might want to use the HDTV 1080 29.97 preset instead.

I'd also do all the compositing in AE, rather than rendering out a movie with an alpha channel and compositing in Premiere.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]