ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects folder naming save issue - NO TRACE OF PROJECT SAVE OR AUTO SAVES IN PROJECT FOLDER

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Stuart
after effects folder naming save issue - NO TRACE OF PROJECT SAVE OR AUTO SAVES IN PROJECT FOLDER
on Nov 4, 2011 at 12:13:29 pm

MY PROBLEM.

I Experienced a crash when working with my After Effects CS5 project and am now completely unable to track down the latest saved file or Auto Save version. Earlier today I had made a change to the name of my project folder, however none of my assets within my project required re linking nor did I recieve any error messages when I ctrl S(aved) or when AE auto saved every ten minutes. It would appear no saved file has updated for SIX HOURS. I may have lost A LOT of work...

Help me?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: after effects folder naming save issue - NO TRACE OF PROJECT SAVE OR AUTO SAVES IN PROJECT FOLDER
on Nov 4, 2011 at 2:14:27 pm

Look for a folder using the old name.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

James Stuart
Re: after effects folder naming save issue - NO TRACE OF PROJECT SAVE OR AUTO SAVES IN PROJECT FOLDER
on Nov 4, 2011 at 8:06:43 pm

Oh, but I renamed said folder, which was on my desktop. Are you suggesting that by searching for it in finder I will find some reference to it or it itself?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Nov 5, 2011 at 4:46:41 pm

My hope was that AE was still saving to the old folder. If it disappeared, hopefully it created a new one with the same old name.
The whole thing just sounds too weird.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]