ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Expression to randomize time remap frame and hold for random time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc ThomasExpression to randomize time remap frame and hold for random time
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 6:05:55 pm

Hi everyone,
I've been looking through posts and have had a very difficult time finding a script that both randomizes a time remap frame from a 5 frame precomp, AND can hold the still frame for a random (15 60 frames).

What I'm trying to do is sort of replicate the look of Christmas lights blinking in different colors, where dots are spelling out a word and are supposed to blink in 1 of 5 different colors, so holding for a moment, then changing to a different color. I don't all the "lights" to change at the same time, say .5 seconds, and it's waaay too fast if the colors are only up for 1 frame.
Also if anyone can suggest a script for having each dot appear on screen in random order and then holding for the duration of the comp, that would also be a HUGE help. I'm working with upwards of 75 Layers, so doing this manually is inefficient.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Expression to randomize time remap frame and hold for random time
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 7:50:11 pm

You might consider posting questions like this in the expressions forum. You'd probably get a better response there.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]