ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Need render automation via scripts...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Levan KhomerikiNeed render automation via scripts...
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 1:19:12 pm

my current job implies rendering certain slideshows in after, over and over again; the only thing that's changing, are photos and intro text.

So, I'd like to write some script, where it'll open the project, replaces current photos with new ones (there are around 5 photos named 001.jpg, 002.jpg etc.), replacing intro text and rendering it in desired format.

Is there any way this can be achieved via scripts and if so, where should I look for answers?

thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Need render automation via scripts...
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 7:39:54 pm

If you replace the picture files, it will automatically replace them when you open the project again. (I would simply move the old ones to a different location.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Levan KhomerikiRe: Need render automation via scripts...
by on Nov 4, 2011 at 8:44:46 am

Thanks for the answer, Michael,

but the problem is, I'll be having hundreds of user-uploaded pictures (which will be named 001.jpg, 002.jpg etc and sorted in separate folders for each user automatically) and I'll be needing some sort of script, which will tell AE to replace placeholders with those images and run render for all those separate folders.

For example, I'll have 10 folders named 001, 002, 003 etc with 5 jpg-s in each, named 001.jpg, 002.jpg, 003.jpg etc., and I'll need 10 video outputs with those different packs of pictures.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved