ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Working with Chinese Text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian kirknerWorking with Chinese Text
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 7:36:05 am

I recently finished a project and the client is now wondering if I can replace the text in Chinese. Obviously the client will have to supply the translations but the project is text heavy mostly in lower 3rds.

Will this be as simple as copy paste with the proper fonts installed? I'm on a windows 7 workstation, AE CS5.

Or will I have to request vector images of all the text? which I would rather not do as I have almost all the text animated.

Any advice would be great, thanks

Return to posts index

Adam DuplayRe: Working with Chinese Text
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 3:38:33 pm

We create Chinese versions of our Motion Graphics all the time. A few things we've learned... Copy and pasting does work, but copy from a pdf document rather than a word doc. Secondly, you will need to change the font in your After Effects text layer to one that displays Chinese characters. There are a few options for that font. If you don't change the font in AFX you will see some of the characters, but not all of them. This can easily trick you into thinking that the text is accurate, when it is actually not - especially if you don't speak Chinese.

Adam Duplay

Return to posts index

brian kirknerRe: Working with Chinese Text
by on Nov 4, 2011 at 8:19:54 pm

Thanks Adam

That was very helpful, It tested out perfect. I plan on sending a screen cap of every piece of text to be checked by my translator before I render, just in case.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved