ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

PIXEL ASPECT RATIOS: Can you convert an AE comp that was authored in the wrong PAR?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Rhodes
PIXEL ASPECT RATIOS: Can you convert an AE comp that was authored in the wrong PAR?
on Nov 2, 2011 at 8:40:20 pm

All:

You AE pros, I can hear you laughing from here (but I probably deserve it, so no offense taken).

I've authored several comps in the wrong pixel aspect ratio(I'm using AE v10). I should have authored in square pixels, but I've been using "HDV 1080/DVCPRO HD (1.3)" and I'm already several comps deep into my project.

Is there any way to convert these comps quickly with out having to go back and tweak my tweens, resize my images, etc?

If so, could you please share?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ron Rhodes

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: PIXEL ASPECT RATIOS: Can you convert an AE comp that was authored in the wrong PAR?
on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:55:41 am

Simply nest what you already have into its square-pixel equivalent, a 1920x1080 comp. The scale the nested comp to fit into the current comp.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

ben g unguren
Re: PIXEL ASPECT RATIOS: Can you convert an AE comp that was authored in the wrong PAR?
on Nov 3, 2011 at 4:11:01 am

Command+Opt+F to fit your selected layer to the comp window (Ctrl+Alt+F on PC). This is a lovely hotkey.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Ron Rhodes
on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:34:35 pm

CTRL+ALT+F is definitely a wonderful key! Thank you so much! I had to do a little extra work because of all my layers. It went something like this.

a. Don't fix your pixel aspect ratio until step two, leave it "incorrect."
1. Import an image of a rectangle and make it the size of your current wrong-sized composition (or drawing a mask should work too, but I didn't try that). You can hide or delete it later.
2. Right click your Composition and select the desired Pixel Aspect ratio and click OK. (Now things might start to look a little funny, hang in there).
3. Make your new rectangle layer from step 1 to be the parent of all your other layers. (just go to your time line and click the parent drop-down layer for all other layers and select your rectangle layer).
4. Now select your rectangle layer (in the timeline, not in the project tab) so you can see that it's selected on your screen. Don't select any other layers but this one.
5. Press CTRL+ALT+F. Now you should see all of your other layers fall into line.

Hopefully you'll have little to no tweaking to do after following these steps. You should also be able to "unparent" the layers, but haven't tried yet.

Hope this helps the next person.

Thanks to all.

Ron Rhodes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]