ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Glasses Reflection- Masking or Replacing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike FaresGlasses Reflection- Masking or Replacing
by on Nov 2, 2011 at 7:31:09 am

I have a shot in a short I am editing which is a straight on close up of very reflective sunglasses, you can easily see camera/cameraman reflections in the shot and I am interested in either taking out the reflections or replacing the glass with another piece of video.

I have tried using the rotobrush, but I need to brush every frame to make the reflections look good. I have also tried masking out the lenses but again, adjustments need to be made on each individual frame. The clips total at just over 10 seconds, which will take me a really long time, not to mention that the I am not really happy with the results on the tests I have done.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can either fix the reflection issue, or know an easier way to add another clip where the glasses are?

Here is the clip I am working with if this helps with any ideas.

Thanks!

Mike

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Glasses Reflection- Masking or Replacing
by on Nov 2, 2011 at 10:03:58 am

You clip does not show up.
It seems that you can benefit from Mocha in this situation.
Here's a great tutorial:
http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/motiongraphicsvizfx/story/face_repla...
found here:
http://ae.tutsplus.com/articles/roundup/28-magnificent-mocha-tutorials/

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Glasses Reflection- Masking or Replacing
by on Nov 2, 2011 at 1:38:18 pm

Here's another useful tutorial - http://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/mocha-ae-paste-mocha-shapes-to-after...

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Koollife JamesRe: Glasses Reflection- Masking or Replacing
by on Jun 22, 2014 at 6:34:37 pm

Have been doing some music video shooting, how I can get rid of myself showing in the sunshade of the artist in front of me...

I saw some video on YouTube but i don't know how to get those x light to create effect on the sun shade

I saw ring light on ebay but i want something like x and continuous circle with different color on the artist sun shade moving...

This are example of what i want

from 2:51

Example 2

Where can i get this light?

Example 3

I have Google it but I cannot find those X light
Thanks

Return to posts index

William ChilcoatRe: Glasses Reflection- Masking or Replacing
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 12:32:51 am

Hey Mike... I reviewed your shot. Looks like a simple track and roto. If you have mocha the tracking should be a breeze. If you would like I got some free time to track and roto for you just send me the clip, I'd be happy to help.

-Graham

William Chilcoat

Return to posts index

Mike FaresRe: Glasses Reflection- Masking or Replacing
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 5:33:54 am

Hey, that would be awesome if you would like to take a shot at it. I can send you a full res copy of the clips if you'd like. What is the best way for me to get this to you?

Return to posts index

William ChilcoatRe: Glasses Reflection- Masking or Replacing
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 1:04:22 pm

You can email me segments of the clip through email (compressed of course) or if you can post it somewhere for download that also would work (something like icloud maybe, not to sure how that works). I need full res copy. If i do the roto work are you able to handle filling in a new reflection? or do you need assistance with that as well?

William Chilcoat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]