ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects CS5 keeps crashing at start up

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david paritsky
After effects CS5 keeps crashing at start up
on Nov 2, 2011 at 6:18:00 am

I've gotten a lot of very helpful information from the people on this site so I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me with this issue. I've been using CS5 ever since it came out and I haven't had any issues at all with it. I've been using it all day today with no problems but for some reason the program crashed randomly and now it won't open at all. I've restarted my computer and this still hasn't solved the issue. I have not installed any plug-ins or anything AE related so I'm at a loss as to what changed and caused this crash issue. This is the error message I keep getting:
"Last log message was: <140735197620576> <5> /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/dynamiclink/CS5/dynamiclinkmanager.app"

Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this!

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: After effects CS5 keeps crashing at start up
on Nov 2, 2011 at 1:40:51 pm

Try trashing your prefs - Hit CTRL+ALT+SHIFT when launching AE; keep the keyes depressed until you see a screen dialog asking you to confirm if you want to trash your prefs.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

david paritsky
on Nov 2, 2011 at 6:32:57 pm

That didn't seem to work. I tried it a few times and every time I got this new error message:

"Last log message was: <140735292426592> <0> Unable to obtain the User 'Language' registry key at: SoftwareAdobeAfter Effects10.0 Defaulting to 'en_US'."

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Nov 2, 2011 at 6:35:46 pm

WOW! I'm afraid that you may have bigger issues on hand. Perhaps a re-install may be in order.

RoRK

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Nov 3, 2011 at 6:23:05 am

It appears from the version number in that error message that you haven't installed the most recent updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Nov 3, 2011 at 6:49:06 am

Good stuff Todd.

RoRK

Return to posts index

Giovanni Farina
on Nov 6, 2011 at 3:19:49 pm

I got the same problem with cs5 in windows 7 and after weeks of research I found something to solve it, the solution is from Adobe web site, actually You have to allow in-out coming connection to the firewall from this application:

Windows:

After After Effects.exe
Adobe QT32 Server.exe
dynamiclinkmanager.exe
PProHeadless.exe

Mac OS:

Adobe After Effects 10.0
Adobe QT32 Server
dynamiclinkmanager
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5

After that my issue has disappear, I hope will help You too, and sorry for my English

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]