ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Color grading/correction in After Effects vs. Color

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dean chapmanColor grading/correction in After Effects vs. Color
by on Nov 1, 2011 at 12:22:00 am

I have a fairly simple little commercial to edit and grade.
Pretty much a master, and some close ups. Just one scene.

Opinions on grading/color correcting in After Effects vs. Color.

I usually do this process with AE, but i'm wondering if Color has more to offer.
I love AE, and find Color to be a little unnecessary...and annoying, especially for a small project. But I can't tell if I'm just being lazy.

Also, it seems that in my past projects....whenever I output a quicktime (prores) from AE CS5, the image seems to lighten up a little bit. Whenever I use AE CS4, with same output settings...it looks just fine.

Someone on this forum once told me that AE has some problems with quicktime...

Any opinions on my rambling questions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Color grading/correction in After Effects vs. Color
by on Nov 1, 2011 at 9:38:36 am

A lot of folks have noticed color issues with QT. As for opinions about grading software, you can do a search here in this forum and you'll get a ton of threads.
My take on it, if you're happy with AE, use AE, especially on a simple project like you described.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Raul DederichsRe: Color grading/correction in After Effects vs. Color
by on Nov 1, 2011 at 9:42:51 am

Strange... I seem to have the same problem but still in CS4! However it always seemed to me as if Quick time outputs less contrast vs. .avi f.e. A couple of years ago when AVCHD first came out I used to edit with sony vegas on a PC and even then I remember all the clips that where rendered into .mov files had considerably less contrast then the .avi files rendered with the same settings. I am sure there is a really geeky answer to that and hope someone can provide it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]