ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Solution to flickering in render conversion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt ComradskiSolution to flickering in render conversion
by on Oct 31, 2011 at 10:56:03 pm

This is a tip for those who convert large render output files from AfterEffects using Adobe Media Encoder CS5.

If after converting your video files you see flickering (almost like every other frame gets dropped), I found a solution:

- go to Render Queue
- open Output Module tab
- UNCHECK 'Include Project Link' box at the top of Main Options

Not sure why, but unchecking this totally solves the aforementioned flickering. It took me a few hours re-rendering, converting, and doing other troubleshooting before figuring this out. I hope this preserves some of your hair and lost time going forward, if you've encountered a similar issue.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Solution to flickering in render conversion
by on Nov 1, 2011 at 4:00:19 am

Hi Matt, you can load an AEP into AME using AME's Add button. When the AEP loads, you can choose a composition for AME to render. This will preclude having to render from AE and then importing the resulting file(s) into AME.

The downside is that you won't have a high-quality file for archival - assuming that you're rendering from AME to a highly compressed format.

What bugs me about AME is that it doesn't know how to import a spanned movie and each output requires a separate input. Lots for Adobe to work on for AME.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved