ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

remove frames to make it look like an animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ewan Horlockremove frames to make it look like an animation
by on Oct 30, 2011 at 3:11:36 pm

Hi there,

I have some footage shot on green screen which I have added a rototoon effect to. This has made it look like a cartoon sketch.

At the moment the footage is 25fps ...and it looks way to fluid and smooth to be an animation.

I was wandering could someone tell me how to remove frames. I want it still to run at 25 fps (so that its in sync with the music) but I would like to remove frames to make it more like stop motion animation.

any help would be much appreciated :)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: remove frames to make it look like an animation
by on Oct 30, 2011 at 5:06:08 pm

Precompose the layer, change the frame rate for the precomposition in the Composition Settings dialog box, and set Preserve Frame Rate When Nested Or In Render Queue for the precomposition on the Advanced tab. This method causes the precomposition to retain its own frame rate, and not inherit those settings from the containing composition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Ewan HorlockRe: remove frames to make it look like an animation
by on Nov 2, 2011 at 12:09:05 pm

thanks for your reply :)

brilliant

both effects work really well.

Obviously with both its still running at 25fps its just doubling up on certain frames correct?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: remove frames to make it look like an animation
by on Nov 2, 2011 at 9:22:13 pm

>Obviously with both its still running at 25fps its just doubling up on certain frames correct?

It works a little differently in each case. In the case of using the Posterize Time effect, all of the frames are rendered, and then only a fraction of those frames are used. In the case of using nested compositions and changing the frame rate, only the frames that are needed are rendered.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Andreas VlasovRe: remove frames to make it look like an animation
by on May 18, 2012 at 2:18:49 pm

Could you please describe more detail about how to find 'Preserve Frame Rate' I don't see it on advanced tab?

Check my great online service for animation making.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]