ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

GUI Flickering Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Mosner
GUI Flickering Issue
on Oct 28, 2011 at 10:55:41 pm

I'm seeing problems with AE5.5 on both my laptop and desktop computers. Both computers are running Window 7 with Nvida graphic cards. The problem is a rapid screen flickering that can last 4 or 5 seconds when ever the CTI is moved, or a change is made to various parameters in the effects window. The program never crashes but is not stable for several seconds. I've tried running with OpenGL on and off. All my drivers are up to date. It's odd that both computers are having the same issue. No problems at all on the Mac we use. Has any seen this issue? Any suggestions on how to correct it?

Thanks
Bob

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: GUI Flickering Issue
on Oct 29, 2011 at 3:19:01 am

You said that your drivers are up to date. Are you certain? What you describe sounds exactly like a problem with a graphics driver. What driver version are you using?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Robert Mosner
on Oct 29, 2011 at 3:38:42 pm

Just checked the drivers. I'm running a GeForce GTX 470 with drivers 8.17.12.8026 dated 08/03/11. Could the video board be an issue?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Robert Mosner
on Oct 29, 2011 at 4:35:41 pm

Just found a newer driver. So far so good.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 29, 2011 at 4:48:23 pm

Good to know.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]