ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS5, Output Module Failed? Plus huge file sizes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noah StahlAfter Effects CS5, Output Module Failed? Plus huge file sizes
by on Oct 28, 2011 at 2:01:36 am

I have a Macbook 2007 with After Effects CS5. Apart from being slow, After effects keeps giving me this error when I export that the "Output Module Failed" What does this mean and how can I fix it? Also when ever I export, the files are huge like 15gb sometimes for a 4 min video. How can I lower that? If I import to iMovie and export, the same video is only like 500mb when the quality is decreased by a little.

Thank you so much!!!!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects CS5, Output Module Failed? Plus huge file sizes
by on Oct 28, 2011 at 1:43:13 pm

For your large file issue see here: [link]

As for your render failing, we're going to need more info. What OS are you using? What are your computer's specs? Have you updated your CS5? What sort of footage/images/sounds are in your project? What format AND codec are they in?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Noah StahlRe: After Effects CS5, Output Module Failed? Plus huge file sizes
by on Oct 30, 2011 at 1:16:07 am

Macbook 13" mid 2007
3Gb Ram
2.16 GHz processor

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects CS5, Output Module Failed? Plus huge file sizes
by on Oct 31, 2011 at 1:40:29 pm

You've started out, but didn't finish. More info please. Everything I asked had a reason for me asking it.
My guess, and it is just a guess without more info, is that you've got some large assets in your comp which is causing it issues due to your extremely low system specs.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]