ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

display fireworks

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim cooperdisplay fireworks
by on Oct 26, 2011 at 10:57:43 pm

I have what I think is a neat idea but I need some help. I would like to take several different videos that I have of display fireworks and merge them into one video. I would like for it to be flv. Is it possible to make the background transparent on each video and then merge. I'm thinking filter the black into the transparency? I have the full cs5 suite. Also how do I deal with the individual sound tracks. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: display fireworks
by on Oct 27, 2011 at 12:08:12 am

[jim cooper] "I'm thinking filter the black into the transparency?"

You can experiment with different layer blending modes [link], or you could use Red Giant Software's free Knoll Unmult effect [link] to make the black transparent.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

jim cooperRe: display fireworks
by on Oct 27, 2011 at 1:36:09 am

Thanks Walter, your information is very helpful! I will post back after further work is completed.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 27, 2011 at 1:51:22 am

Thank you very much Walter, I will try it out!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: display fireworks
by on Oct 27, 2011 at 1:56:21 am

As Walter has suggested, Knoll's Unmult does a good job. You should however, crunch the input blacks so that a wider area of near blacks are turned into pure black areas. Do this prior to applying Unmult.

And upon generating a matte with Unmult, you may want to finesse the edges further. For this, Levels, set to Alpha mode with some tweaks over the input blacks and whites.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

by on Oct 27, 2011 at 4:20:50 am

Roland, Thank you for the additional info, I will incorporate your suggestions into the project, they will help produce a more vivid end product! I'll keep you updated!

Return to posts index

by on Nov 3, 2011 at 6:23:52 pm

Ok guys, the info to make the fireworks have a transparent background was great, when I play 3 different fireworks together in "AE" It looks like they were shot off at the same time! the only problem is I would like to space them out in terms of distance from one fwk box to another. in other words right now they are shooting from the same location on the screen. I want to spread them out across the screen to give an even more realistic view of how I shoot a show. I have tried to use Adobe Premiere. Should I bring the edited video from "AE". So far it doesn't display them together. I also treid it in Sony vegas pro and it works somewhat correctly. Any advise to get the same effect in an editor as I did with "AE" Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Oct 27, 2011 at 4:17:09 am

Walter, I did what you said and it works perfectly, Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

by on Nov 3, 2011 at 6:33:55 pm

Ok guys, the info to make the fireworks have a transparent background was great, when I play 3 different fireworks together in "AE" It looks like they were shot off at the same time! the only problem is I would like to space them out in terms of distance from one fwk box to another. in other words right now they are shooting from the same location on the screen. I want to spread them out across the screen to give an even more realistic view of how I shoot a show. I have tried to use Adobe Premiere. Should I bring the edited video from "AE". So far it doesn't display them together. I also treid it in Sony vegas pro and it works somewhat correctly. Any advise to get the same effect in an editor as I did with "AE" Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]