ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

MXF importing with CS3

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron DylewskiMXF importing with CS3
by on Oct 26, 2011 at 6:05:47 pm

I am working on a project using MXF files shot on a Panasonic 370, AVC-intra, 720 with variable speed.

Three weeks ago I shot some footage the exact same way and was able to easily import into my AE project. Now AE says (on import) "MXF files are not supported for import." I maintained the entire folder structure and just moved the files to an external HD before attempting to import.

Does anyone have an idea about what's happening here?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: MXF importing with CS3
by on Oct 26, 2011 at 9:14:02 pm

The import of P2 footage into After Effects CS3 requires that you have the updates installed. If I recall correctly, it was the 8.0.2 update that added this feature.

EDIT: Yep. See this page:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Ron DylewskiRe: MXF importing with CS3
by on Oct 26, 2011 at 9:52:35 pm

I am running that version. As I said, I was able to do this two week ago, using the same footage settings and the same version of AE.

Return to posts index

Rocco Jr. DeVitoRe: MXF importing with CS3
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 7:23:47 pm

I have also used MXF files in premiere cs3 and my dynamic link is all screwed up in after effects. I also have the update that should allow these files to show up. If I open after effects separably then import my premiere project they will show up as there own compositions and not in the timeline that I have made in premiere?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved