ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Removing a mouth

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea MariniRemoving a mouth
by on Oct 26, 2011 at 4:44:33 pm

a client asked me to remove a mouth in a shot, but sincerely I'm not sure if with the clone tool I could achieve a good result. It's for an ad, so it must look good and real. The shot is a close up of the nose and mouth area, then a close up of the head, no movement, the actor is almost steady. To make it more challenging, the actor has moustache and short beard.

Do you have any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Ben van HamelenRe: Removing a mouth
by on Oct 26, 2011 at 7:37:45 pm

Would it be possible to fake the entire face below the nose? Do a real detailed still of the mouth area in Photoshop. Go wild on it, because this will be pasted on the existing face. Fake the moustache and beard as well. I'd use high res external images, which you'd have to match and color correct to the actor's skin.

With a large enough feather, it could work, especially with the actor's limited movement.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Removing a mouth
by on Oct 27, 2011 at 2:00:02 am

Ben's right. All you need is a still since there isn't a lot of movement and perspective change. The trickiest part would be the hair bits but this can be a non-issue if there is sufficient space for you to clone out the mouth without encroaching into the hair areas.

With a nice clean plate, all you need is a good track, which Mocha will provide quite easily.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Removing a mouth
by on Oct 27, 2011 at 4:27:26 am

There's a nice tutorial on face replacement with Mocha and AE. It should explain all you need to know (and more). Note that he's using a video (moving) face and you'd only need a still -- all the better! Here's the link:

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

Andrea MariniRe: Removing a mouth
by on Oct 27, 2011 at 9:08:47 am

Thanks for all your replies!

Will check the tutorial, seems that still image is the way to go!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved