ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Error 17::18: zero denominator converting ratio denominators

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria KahnAfter Effects Error 17::18: zero denominator converting ratio denominators
by on Oct 23, 2011 at 7:00:15 pm

I copied the Project with the error into a new Project window & deleted each layer in order to see which layer carried the glitch. I noted that when I deleted the video footage layer that was imported from FCP as a QT movie, the error message disappeared.

Obviously a glitch somehow has developed in the footage settings I assume.

I right clicked on the footage, went to Interpret Footage > Main & noted the frame rate is at 0.01. The frame rate I have have used in all my Compositions has been 29.97. I changed it to 29.97, but it does not change it and the error message continues to appear.

Someone PLEASE HELP

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: After Effects Error 17::18: zero denominator converting ratio denominators
by on Oct 25, 2011 at 11:45:58 am

Looks like a corrupted file and you've got to head back to the source and regurgitate another version.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia - Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Mocha Approved Trainer - Imagineer Systems Inc

Return to posts index

Karel van GelderRe: After Effects Error 17::18: zero denominator converting ratio denominators
by on Nov 18, 2011 at 2:50:01 pm

I had the same problem when I re-opened an old Afx Project.
Afx linked to a non self contained reference file from FCP.
In the meanwhile I had consolidated the FCP project (media manager) and deleted the old footage from the disk.
The problem was that the reference file linked to footage that didn't exist anymore.
I exported a new reference file from the consolidated FCP project and replaced the old reference file.
Then I reopened Afx, problem solved.

So for short:
I replaced a reference file that linked to non-existing footage.

I hope this is any help to your problem.

Karel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]