ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

keyframe issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaddix Malchowkeyframe issues
by on Oct 23, 2011 at 5:21:23 am

hi all,
So im working on a title right now, wanting to make it stay stagnent, i cant get a good track so im going through and manually doing it(its only like 3 seconds) but when i set 2 position keyframes, both with same x-axis cordinates, and only the Y is changing. So when i scrub between the 2 keyframes, the x (the one that should be not changing its parameters) changes its parameters, first it goes up a few, stays that way, then goes back down to what it was starting. so its acting like theres 4 keyframes, when theres only 2. im really confused and frustrated with the occuring issue.
any help would make my life much easier

win 7 64bit/adobe cs5
2x xeon quad cores
12gb memory
5tb Storage
Nvidea GTX 570

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: keyframe issues
by on Oct 23, 2011 at 5:31:31 am

Change the spatial interpolation to linear.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: keyframe issues
by on Oct 23, 2011 at 7:58:59 am

Look at using the menu item, Animation>Separate Dimensions and/or using a Hold Keyframe. Changing Spatial KFs to linear will inevitably delimit the shape of your path and it should be the last thing you do. Additionally, even if you do so, ensure that you do so correctly, within the correct View Pane.

Oftentimes, with 3D layers, such issues, if cannot be corrected with Separate Dimensions and/or Hold KFs then the Spatial KF in only ONE of View Panes need to be linearized.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved