ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AFTER EFFECTS CS4 Rendering Problems....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James DiaAFTER EFFECTS CS4 Rendering Problems....
by on Oct 22, 2011 at 12:51:13 pm

Hey people I have been having some rendering problems on CS4 It's very random when i'm getting these errors, sometimes it's just for the one frame..which i'm not bothered about because at 60fps, 1 frame isn't going to be noticable. But at the end of my last render, the last 10 frames are like this, but differ between pink and white at the top. (see picture at the bottom)

Here are my settings

lossless, with audio checked
avi output format
no compression method

Also i've re-rendered the dodgy footage in sony vegas but that didn't change anything

that is what the frame looks like....

If anyone can help me id be so thankful.... so please post!!!

also if you have any questions just post and i will get back to you ASAP

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AFTER EFFECTS CS4 Rendering Problems....
by on Oct 23, 2011 at 4:24:47 am

James, you haven't given us too much to go on. It would be helpful to include your system specs, the sort of footage and effects you're working with, what the frame is supposed to look like, etc.

Since you did mention that you were using CS4, I'll take a guess that you're using some footage which AE technically supports but does not use well, and refer you to:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved