ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering out MOV with Alpha issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kris Jones
Rendering out MOV with Alpha issues
on Oct 21, 2011 at 5:43:30 pm

So I'm hoping that someone in here may be able to help me out with an issue that I've ran across. I'm attempting to render out a set of PNG sequences that have been combined inside of imagemagick. They do have an alpha channel for the image, shadow, and reflection. Now when ever I take it into AE and render out as a MOV I get two outputs:

1) with a premultiplied it is perfect with a background (obviously), but when I render it out with a transparent back ground I get a bunch of artifacts floating in the alpha space, as well as my shadows and reflections are now blown out due to not having a background.

2) with a straight and the transparent background, all the fringe outlines are gone, the floating artifacts are gone, but my reflection is blown out like it is with the premultiplied, now the shadows are fine just the reflection is the problem.

So what would be the correct way to go about trying to get this to render out with the correct alpha output with out any artifacts or outlining with a transparent background?

Any help would be great!

Kris

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Rendering out MOV with Alpha issues
on Oct 21, 2011 at 8:33:59 pm

Perhaps you can post a few images in your next post so that we can have a better idea of the issues you're having. Additionally, do provide us with details of your source image and the REnder and Output Module settings.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia.

Return to posts index

Kris Jones
on Oct 25, 2011 at 1:40:44 pm

RoRK,

I will try and get some images posted up for you later today. The images are being rendered out of lightwave, with a Image render, a shadow, and a reflection. All three are merged with imagemagick and then sent to AE. The render module has not be changed at all, and the output module is running as Quicktime with a jpeg2000 compression.

Will try and get the pics posted up shortly.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Oct 25, 2011 at 2:47:31 pm

Hi Kris, perhaps the merging of the three images within imagemagick may be the undoing here. Perhaps you should import all three relevant images into AE separately and perform the composite within AE.

But, do post the images. These should include the RGB as well as Alpha channels, separately. It's very likely an issue with how the RGB or Alpha is being created/treated.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Kris Jones
on Jul 12, 2012 at 6:08:31 pm

Sorry for not responding for a while...couple 8-9 months later but figured it would put the solution out here since I just ran into the issue again and had to dig in my brain to remember it. In after effects they have a setting "premultiplied" that was cause of the issues, and in Eyeon Fusion they have a "AlphaMultiply" node that solves the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]