ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I create an easy-in movement for video that has an abrupt stop

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miro SeguraHow do I create an easy-in movement for video that has an abrupt stop
by on Oct 20, 2011 at 5:08:04 pm

Hello,

I have some video footage that has been rendered out in Sketchup Pro with a camera move, however, Sketchup has no easy in keyframe abilities, so the camera movement comes to an abrupt stop. I want to create a smooth easy-in stop and have tried Twixtor and time-remapping, but these seem not to work very well.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Miro

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How do I create an easy-in movement for video that has an abrupt stop
by on Oct 20, 2011 at 5:18:00 pm

Just to be sure we are on the same page- you understand of course that nothing can slow down the actual camera movement in a rendered sequence of files, right? All you can do is slow down the clip itself, thus giving the impression the camera slows down but also every movement in the clip slows down as well. Time remapping should be able to work well if you're not trying to get 100 frames from 5. Can you post examples of before and after- this will help us better understand the issue.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How do I create an easy-in movement for video that has an abrupt stop
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 2:31:55 pm

Stabilize your video layer near the end of the clip. (If you're using AE CS5.5, use the legacy stabilizer, not the warp stabilizer.)
Animate the layer's position with all the easing you want.
Scale the layer up so you don't get funny black edges.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Miro SeguraRe: How do I create an easy-in movement for video that has an abrupt stop
by on Oct 21, 2011 at 5:04:24 pm

Thanks for all your help. Will try that stabilizer. Can't upload video, it's under an NDA.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]