ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Audio Suddenly Won't Export When Rendering - AE CS5.5/MAC OS 10.6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch LewisAudio Suddenly Won't Export When Rendering - AE CS5.5/MAC OS 10.6
by on Oct 19, 2011 at 9:47:00 pm

I've been using a Quicktime ProRes (HQ) output module preset I created for many months now without issue. It uses ProRes (HQ) for video and Uncompressed audio. Yesterday my Mac crashed hard (had to do a force shutdown). So this morning I repaired disc permissions and verified the hard drive was okay using Disc Utility. I launched After Effects and went to work. Everything seemed behave normally. I could preview audio using the period key without issues. But when I rendered the composition, there was no audio in the Quicktime file. I tried a few test renders and was able to get it to render audio using the Apple Lossless audio codec (instead of Uncompressed codec).

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be? This is a real weird one. I haven't done any system upgrades or anything recently. Hmmmm.......

EDIT: Should I try throwing away AE's preferences? (never done that before)

---------------------------
Sony EX3, Canon 5DM2, Sachtler tripod - 20+ years as a videographer/editor
Experienced with Apple products, Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, MOTU Digital Performer, Flip4Mac, etc...

Return to posts index

Mitch LewisRe: Audio Suddenly Won't Export When Rendering - AE CS5.5/MAC OS 10.6
by on Oct 20, 2011 at 12:06:53 am

So if no one knows the answer, any suggestions on how I could fix the problem? Call Adobe? (I haven't had good luck with that). Other forums?

Thanks

Experienced with Apple products, Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, MOTU Digital Performer, Flip4Mac, etc...

Return to posts index

Mitch LewisRe: Audio Suddenly Won't Export When Rendering - AE CS5.5/MAC OS 10.6
by on Oct 20, 2011 at 9:38:27 pm

Okay, I tried ditching the AE preferences by holding down command+option+shift while AE is starting up. That didn't fix the issue. AE still won't render audio using the default Uncompressed Audio format.

Anyone? I ran out of time and didn't call Adobe today.

Return to posts index

Todd FraserRe: Audio Suddenly Won't Export When Rendering - AE CS5.5/MAC OS 10.6
by on Aug 8, 2012 at 7:51:24 pm

Did you ever happen to solve this problem? It just cropped up for me using AE CS5.5 on OS X 10.6.8. Of course, right at the end of a project, 7 comps all with no audio.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 8, 2012 at 10:36:25 pm

I never did solve it....unfortunately. My workaround was changing the audio format from Uncompressed to Apple Lossless.

Return to posts index

Todd FraserRe: Audio Suddenly Won't Export When Rendering - AE CS5.5/MAC OS 10.6
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 3:58:26 pm

After I posted yesterday I did find a strange solution for my problem. In each case the audio was coming from a nested comp that had at one point had a proxy video rendered for it but was now disabled. Once I set each nested comp's proxy to "none" audio magically appeared in the export. (it has been present in RAM previews the whole time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]