ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CC Cylinder and Camera

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Xavier GomezCC Cylinder and Camera
by on Oct 19, 2011 at 8:58:47 am

I'm having problems using CC Cylinder with a Camera.
I know it's been an issue:

but i'd like to know if this has been corrected in newer versions (I'm using AE CS3) or if there was a trick found to go around it.

Basically, the cylinder behaves fine with respect to the camera move as long as it stands alone in the comp. But when adding some 3D environment, things go really wrong. For instance a floor - some texture image turned into 3D rotated 90° around the X axis: the cylinder doesnt remain hooked to the same point of the floor when the camera moves.

Of course I didnt tick the "3D layer" box, and I tried many things (link the cylinder inner coordinates -those form the effect, not the transform.position ones- to a 3D-Null, changing the camera type, changing the anchor point ... but nothing works.

I think the only solution is to use a comp camera of the exact same type as the one used for the 3D effect of CC Cylinder, but i couldnt figure out which one it is....

If you have a solution, please tell.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: CC Cylinder and Camera
by on Oct 19, 2011 at 8:48:41 pm

If you want your object to respond to the comp camera, how about using Freeform instead of CC Cylinder?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Xavier GomezRe: CC Cylinder and Camera
by on Oct 19, 2011 at 9:37:44 pm

Thank you for the idea, i've looked through the net, freeform looks really nice, but for CS3 it is a third-party pluggin which i dont have,... I'll find my way. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved