ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Stabilize making my footage like jello-cam(ish)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan MaghranAE Stabilize making my footage like jello-cam(ish)
by on Oct 18, 2011 at 9:18:02 am

Hi All,

I was given some shaky footage from a rebel T2i, and am using AE to stabilize it. It did not have any jello cam or rolling shutter issues, so I don't know why this is happening. I track the shots fine for the stabilize, apply, re-configure the position and scale, but when I output to prores 422 HQ parts of the screen (usually the bottom) look different from the rest of the image, shaky and moving, similar to the the distort effect in FCP. Anyone else have this issue?

B

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: AE Stabilize making my footage like jello-cam(ish)
by on Oct 18, 2011 at 5:32:40 pm

When you stabilize footage the motion blur from the camera movement remains. That might be what you are seeing.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: AE Stabilize making my footage like jello-cam(ish)
by on Oct 18, 2011 at 6:44:15 pm

There may have been a bit of rolling shutter that you didn't notice until the rest of the shot wasn't moving.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Brendan MaghranRe: AE Stabilize making my footage like jello-cam(ish)
by on Oct 18, 2011 at 7:22:22 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm also starting to think it is also what part of the image you put the tracking markers over. I was tracking position and rotation, and it seems that the side of the screen (top or bottom) that they weren't on is where I am seeing this effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]