ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Just moved AE CS5 to my new Macbook Pro - missing tons of export options.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Anderson
Just moved AE CS5 to my new Macbook Pro - missing tons of export options.
on Oct 15, 2011 at 8:54:48 am

Hey everybody,

I recently moved my copy of After Effects CS5 to my new Macbook Pro, and after working on a project for a few hours I went to export it as a MOV but could only find three options under the export menu:

SWF, XFL, Premiere.

No MOV options, no image sequences, no AVIs. I ran across some forum suggestions including opening Terminal and copying/pasting "qtdefaults write LegacyCodecsEnabled yes". I did that, and the problem persists. Anyone know how to turn those export options on, or download the necessary codecs?

Return to posts index

Matthew Keane
Re: Just moved AE CS5 to my new Macbook Pro - missing tons of export options.
on Oct 15, 2011 at 11:54:33 am

Hi,

I had a similar experience recently when, in an emergency, I had to boot up a colleague's MacBook Pro from an external drive with a clone of my system. When I first opened Media Encoder, there were only the 3 options you saw in AE - no MPEG2, no h264. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure in what order I did things, but after opening AE, Quicktime (to check the export options) and rebooting the machine, the other export options finally showed up. Sorry that's all a bit vague, but it was as though the system needed a first-run and then a reboot for the extra export options to be activated.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Just moved AE CS5 to my new Macbook Pro - missing tons of export options.
on Oct 16, 2011 at 2:15:24 pm

[Brian Anderson] "I recently moved my copy of After Effects CS5 to my new Macbook Pro, and after working on a project for a few hours I went to export it as a MOV but could only find three options under the export menu: SWF, XFL, Premiere."

Don't use File > Export for rendering; use the Render queue [link] instead.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]