ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CS3 AE: Problem with Template!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pat FordCS3 AE: Problem with Template!
by on Oct 13, 2011 at 11:02:18 pm

I purchased a set of templates for After Effects…they appear to be precisely what I need what there is a strange problem.
There are 14 slots on the timeline but number one repeats! The first image repeats at around 32 seconds...thus creating 15 images total. I have been struggling for two days with this...I assumed that I had inadvertently done something to the template. However, I played the preview video and it does the same thing! The template is perfect for my needs but the repeating image is totally frustrating. To state the problem another way…what image you put in the first slot repeats at about 32 seconds. I suppose I could just chop the end off but that would mean throwing away 25% of the template. And besides, I am just too darned stubborn to give up.
I am less than an expert with AE...I have tried looking in the flowchart to see if I can figure out what is happening but with no luck.
If you could look at this I would you my every lasting thanks:
These do not contain viruses…but you may want to run your AV on them to be sure.
Thank you. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: CS3 AE: Problem with Template!
by on Oct 14, 2011 at 10:11:18 am

I would send a question to the folks who made the template- it would be easier for them to figure this out.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Pat FordRe: CS3 AE: Problem with Template!
by on Nov 7, 2011 at 4:25:12 pm

Just want to let you know the final score on this one.
The template was indeed screwed up. One of the layers had a mistake on it. I am far, far from being an AE expert and it took me hours to find the error...I am a relative newby trying to fix the work of someone far more skilled than I am.

The template was exactly what I was look was a photo animation template. I wrote to the seller, (as suggested above) never received a reply. The template eventually worked fine but it was a hassle; I received no support from footage firm whatsoever.

Buyer beware.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved