ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Testing 3D with Anaglyph

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
charlie davies
Testing 3D with Anaglyph
on Oct 12, 2011 at 1:46:34 pm

I don't have AE CS5.5 so when producing and testing Stereoscopic scenes I take both the left and the Right eye, desaturate both and set the channels so that one shows as red, and the other shows as cyan. Which colour should I assign to which eye? ie should the file called right eye be red (only set the red channel) or cyan (set the green and blue channels)

just to confirm the glasses I have are right eye Cyan, left eye Red.

Thank you :)

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
Re: Testing 3D with Anaglyph
on Oct 12, 2011 at 2:52:10 pm

Charlie,

Creative COW has a new product that can help you with anaglyph separation and stereo output. It's compatible with AE CS3 and later.

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Oct 12, 2011 at 2:52:56 pm

Here's a link to a thread that gives some great links and tips for stereoscopic workflow in AE pre CS 5.5 :
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/268/145

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

charlie davies
on Oct 12, 2011 at 3:53:19 pm

I just wanna know if the footage thats is labelled left eye should be cyan or red

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
on Oct 12, 2011 at 3:55:55 pm

I believe that left is red, right is cyan.

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

charlie davies
on Oct 12, 2011 at 4:08:53 pm

I was under the impression that because the left lens on the glasses is red to footage should Cyan?

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
on Oct 12, 2011 at 6:18:41 pm

I've only shot for anaglyph projects a handful of times - so forgive me if I'm wrong here - but I've always shot believing that the left camera is the left eye and the right camera is the right eye. So I'm assuming in this case that left is red and right is cyan.

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 12, 2011 at 9:28:17 pm

[charlie davies] "I don't have AE CS5.5 so when producing and testing Stereoscopic scenes I take both the left and the Right eye, desaturate both and set the channels so that one shows as red, and the other shows as cyan. Which colour should I assign to which eye? ie should the file called right eye be red (only set the red channel) or cyan (set the green and blue channels)"

CS5.5 introduces the stereoscopic camera rig, but you can easily make your own rig and use the the 3D Glasses effect [link] in earlier versions (note that I used the CS3 docs for that link) -- no need to manually tint your images.

To answer your direct question, yes, I think the right eye should be tinted red.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Sean Mullen
on Oct 12, 2011 at 9:32:59 pm

Thanks Walter, appreciate your input! So I guess I am wrong here, the right is red, not cyan.

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]