ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Forgot to turn lamp on while shooting, how can I fake the lamp being on?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gerald wiblin
Forgot to turn lamp on while shooting, how can I fake the lamp being on?
on Oct 12, 2011 at 2:48:43 am

Hey guys,

This is my first post, I hope it is in the right section. I did a quick google search but couldn't find anything. Basically we forgot to turn a lamp on while we were filming this shot and it needs to be on. I'm looking for some tips, walk throughs or tutorials on how to make it look like the lamp on the far left of screen is on. I'm pretty new to after effects so please keep things simple or explain them really well!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Forgot to turn lamp on while shooting, how can I fake the lamp being on?
on Oct 12, 2011 at 12:24:58 pm

Here's a simple answer: re-shoot! I'm not sarcastic or joking... well maybe I am a bit sarcastic, but seriously, you would be better re-shooting this one. Even if you can maybe comp a light source on top od the lamp, there is no way of creating the shadows that that light will create on the floor and on your subjects, and without those it will look fake no matter what you do.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

gerald wiblin
on Oct 12, 2011 at 11:58:47 pm

Hey Ted,

I would love to re-shoot it unfortunately we don't have access to the studio or half the props we used to make the set. Reshooting is not an option, which is why I am here... it is a last resort.

Michael, thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a crack. If anyone else has any ideas please keep them coming!

cheers
Gerald

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 12, 2011 at 8:32:28 pm

If nothing moves into the light of the lamp, you could possibly fake it by just adding a lens flare there.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Oct 15, 2011 at 12:44:31 am

It all depends on the look of the light you want, how far it reaches and does it interact with the surrounding. Trapcode Lux will provide a very nice option for you. Otherwise seach the COW for using the Beam effect to create a light effect.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]