ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Color Space different on Render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Muzafar Malik
Color Space different on Render
on Oct 8, 2011 at 10:21:07 pm

I've created an animation for a client where the accuracy of color is very important. In my AE comp window, the color's look perfect but on the render they come out a bit washed out. I've gone into my Project Settings and have tried some different color profiles but none seem to work.

I should also mention this is a legacy project from a year ago that is being updated. Even rendering the old file doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm working in CS4 and I've tried rendering even in CS3, which was used the first time, and that didn't work.

I have a feeling this is a simple fix that I just can't figure out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Muzafar Malik
Producer/Editor
Wolfson Bell

Muzafar Malik
Editor

Return to posts index

ben g unguren
Re: Color Space different on Render
on Oct 9, 2011 at 3:54:23 am

Have you tried rendering to a different codec, like Animation? My guess is you're rendering to something like PreRes, which can mess with your gamma....

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Muzafar Malik
on Oct 9, 2011 at 4:01:51 am

I am rendering to Animation. I do agree though, that my gamma is being affected. The closest color setting I can find is ColorMatch RGB from the Project Settings menu. But it still comes out a bit washed.

I just want my render to match my comp window? Any other suggestions?

Muzafar

Muzafar Malik
Editor

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Oct 9, 2011 at 9:16:51 am

Are you previewing in QuickTime? If so, you will get color issues since QT is not great at interpreting color. Give us a bit more info:
what format are you rendering to?
what format will you use for playback?
Is this a shot that will go in an editing program or the finished product?

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Muzafar Malik
on Oct 9, 2011 at 3:18:35 pm

Yes, I am watching it after on Quicktime, but this is a legacy project and I still have the original render and its identical to the AE comp window. I've tried rendering the original project file again in CS3 and it renders with washed out colors. I'm not sure why that is, since I haven't changed anything. Which makes me think now that it might have to do with the system colors?

To give you more info, my comp is 1280x720, 23.976, rendering Animation. This will eventually be played back on DVD's and the internet. This is the finished product. It will not be going to any other program for editing. I will use DVD Studio Pro to burn DVD's and I will use Compressor to create my H.264 web version. The whole piece is graphical, no live footage. Everything created from Illustrator, photoshop and in AE too.

Muzafar Malik
Producer/Editor
Wolfson Bell

Muzafar Malik
Editor

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Oct 10, 2011 at 6:56:33 pm

Is your project color managed? What profile is the working space? What color profile is your display using?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]