ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Most versatile file format to export AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Cabansal
Most versatile file format to export AE?
on Oct 8, 2011 at 5:57:17 pm

What's the most versatile video file format to be exported in AE that could play in any media players (Windows, Mac or Linux), or even DVD players, and other devices? If Avi, Quicktime, etc., what format options will I use? Please, I need file formats that will not affect the quality of HDTV 1920x480 video.

Thanks in advance + God bless! ☺

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Most versatile file format to export AE?
on Oct 8, 2011 at 9:22:43 pm

Ahhh, wouldn't we all like to know that... It's almost impossible to find a perfect format that will play on ALL computers. I had .wmv files that would not play on every PC in one office.
That being said, divx is a good option. Great compression, great quality and it can be palyed in most computers, DVDs and HDD Media players.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jon Cabansal
on Oct 9, 2011 at 8:01:30 am

Hi Ted thanks for the response. I don't think DIVX is available on AE CS5. Avis really eat up a lot of memory. I wanted to give out MOV-ANIMATION file formats beacuse it has a very great quality and doesn't eat up a lot of memory, but then, most of my clients do not have that up-to-date versions of media players and mostly are played on PCs, Windows Media Player. Any other suggestion/s?

Thanks again Ted! God bless you! ☺

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Oct 10, 2011 at 9:16:12 am

You can download dvix for free and you get 30 days pro compression free as well.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jon Cabansal
on Oct 10, 2011 at 1:31:09 pm

OK, Ted. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]