ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

motion into AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooney
motion into AE
on Oct 6, 2011 at 1:59:13 pm

I know this has been posted before. I went to reply but COW said the page was no longer there.

Apple has pulled the link on their site as to how to import Motion projects into AE. I was wondering if anyone had the info on how to do that apart from the apple website.

Hoping to import a layered project and have it not be flattened.. anyone done this? Using Motion 4 and AE CS5

Brian

MotionFoundry, Inc. Video Post
Clients: GM, AOL, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, Thomas Nelson, NASCAR Affiliates

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: motion into AE
on Oct 6, 2011 at 2:27:58 pm

If I recall correctly, in AE on a Mac, you did File > Import > File..., selected All Files from the pulldown menu on the bottom of the import dialog, then imported the .MOTN file.

Mac OS X cleverly presented .MOTN files to applications as if they were rendered Quicktime movies. When the app requested a frame, Mac OS X rendered it on the fly and returned it to the app. As such, they were flattened, not layered, so this may not get you what you were looking for.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
Re: motion into AE
on Oct 6, 2011 at 2:35:47 pm

dang. didn't work for me. Ae gives me the option of importing multiple files in File/import, but it treats it like more than one element. it doesn't unpack the motn file. also tried selecting "all files" in the dropdown menu on the import window, but that still gave me a flattened file.

Brian

MotionFoundry, Inc. Video Post
Clients: GM, AOL, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, Thomas Nelson, NASCAR Affiliates

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]