ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Fly through Music - Which one and where?!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Leonardi3D Fly through Music - Which one and where?!
by on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:54:46 am

Hey guys, just wanted to say a big thank you for all you guys help with this animation I have been doing, it's almost complete! - my Director has asked for some music to attach to it, SO I have a few more questions to ask if you guys wouldn't mind :) :-

1) The animation is about 1 minute long, where would I get music for such a fly through?

2) Is there a specific place most people go?

3) would you use after-effects to embed the music? (What software)?

4) What's the protocol on using music, licences etc...

thanks again

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: 3D Fly through Music - Which one and where?!
by on Oct 6, 2011 at 2:23:20 pm

There are a lot of places where you can buy royalty-free music. Note that isn't free music, but royalty-free, which means you only pay for the thing once, and then you can use it in your project all you want (more or less -- there will be a legal document explaining the terms; more generous terms tend to cost a bit more). Check out for some good music. And then if you like someone in particular on that site, you'll find them on other music distribution sites as well, with other options. If you don't have quite what you need, they're often happy to make a custom piece for you (costs more, though).

I also enjoy hiring local composers for things like this, but finding them is up to you.

From a site like audiojungle, you should expect to spend between $10 and $50 for music. A custom-composed one-minute piece might range from $200 to $1500....

As far as licensing is concerned, if it doesn't include a specific license for distributing it with your own stuff, then it's going to be a lot more work on your part. So I'd avoid just grabbing a CD off the shelf and dropping it in, unless nothing else will do.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved