ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Where can i find some cool vfx breakdowns and tutorials?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cherlique lilienthal
Where can i find some cool vfx breakdowns and tutorials?
on Oct 6, 2011 at 2:30:43 am

i am specifically interested in movies like: sin city, the spirit, the matrix, speed racer, the losers(those comic like sequences), kick ***(the 3d comic like sequences), the other guys(3D time freeze effect at the bar), realistic particles indicating snow etc. and music videos like: dj got us falling in love - ushers ft pitbull(usher moves realtime and everybody else is in slow motion), john - lil' wayne featuring ric ross etc.

i already know a lot of visual effects, and i do have an idea of what the worflow used looks like, but i might be wrong. im trying to develop my vfx skills further by understanding the more complex effects used in these movies. i really like doing this kind of thing so i hope you guys can point me in the right direction(s)

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Where can i find some cool vfx breakdowns and tutorials?
on Oct 6, 2011 at 2:43:50 am

It would help if you would ask specific questions. It's hard to answer such general questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

cherlique lilienthal
on Oct 6, 2011 at 2:59:12 am

alright. here goes. from sin city and the spirit i woul like to know effects like the color correction, the color isolation. from the matrix i would like to know the slow motion effects, the take of and flying itself. from speed racer: the photographic like transitions, the crowds and races them selfes amd also the lens flairs. i still dont quite get how to do the obscuration and the tracking in video footage.i only saw tutorials on how to do it in motion graphics. the rest of the effects i did describe in my post.

i use the adobe master collection, 3ds max, maya, redgiant plugins, video copilot tools, revision fx, etc

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 6, 2011 at 3:10:45 am

Here's a good place to start regarding the Sin City color result:
"Remove all colors from an image but one"

I found that using this search.

I found even more using this search.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Oct 6, 2011 at 5:40:59 pm

You will have to do a lot of digging yourself to find out what you need. Some of the vfx you mentioned are done by teams of people, highly trained in specific jobs and led by a Director for VFX who guides the process. It takes them weeks and sometimes months to do them, not to mention big budgets.
Some good resources for tutorials:
videocopilot.net
ae.tutsplus.com

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Paul Boone
on Jan 29, 2012 at 4:03:26 am

http://filmmakeriq.com/2012/01/33-jaw-dropping-vfx-breakdowns-from-televisi...

pretty sweet

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]