ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Roto Brush mask is different after rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alyssa Coates
Roto Brush mask is different after rendering
on Oct 6, 2011 at 12:27:07 am

I roto'd out a person in room on a ProRes 422 clip. The mask while in AE stays close to the person and looks the way I want it to. Once I render though, the mask is completely different. It's trails behind the person as she walks through the room. To trouble shoot, I've taken off all of the refine matte options, exported clips individually and with other layers, exported with and without an alpha channel, nothing makes the mask look the way it does in the actual project.

Please help! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Roto Brush mask is different after rendering
on Oct 6, 2011 at 1:11:12 am

Are you freezing the rotobrush on each clip?

- Angelo Lorenzo
- http://FilmsFor.Us Sell your film and connect with your audience

Return to posts index

Alyssa Coates
on Oct 7, 2011 at 7:24:01 pm

Meant to respond to this earlier. Freezing solved it! I've rendered out after using roto brush before without freezing, and the renders looked fine. This is a great thing to know. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Mike Magilnick
on Feb 10, 2012 at 3:01:13 pm

I have the same problem except that the render is still wonky after freezing the selection. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Charles Ratliff
on Mar 4, 2016 at 11:46:16 pm

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I spent about an hour trying to solve the issue for a video I needed to release today and came across this. I had no idea about the freezing technique.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 6, 2011 at 2:41:20 am

You've referred to masks a couple of times here. Did you actually create masks in some way, or are you just referring to the matte created by the Roto Brush effect?

Tell us more about your composition, source footage, and exported movie including frame rates. Are you working with interlaced footage? If so, did you separate fields? Did you get a warning when using the Roto Brush tool about frame rates?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Mike Magilnick
on Feb 10, 2012 at 3:37:16 pm

I do have a frame rate warning that the footage is 29.97 and it wants it in 59.94.
I'm working with interlaced footage that I haven't separated fields on.
The footage is 720x480 29.97fps, the composition is 1920x1080 23.976fps.
Basically it's all wrong. And on top of that when I bring it into After effects it looks like after effects stripped about half the pixels away. There is a severe amount of deterioration in the footage that we don't see on the raw clips (prior to any masking or even placing it into a composition).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]