ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Reveal object with a light

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan DonaldsonReveal object with a light
by on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:32:55 pm

Hello. I have a monogram and I want to reveal it using a Optical Flares light as a guide. Kinda like a laser is cutting out the logo. To start, I broke the monogram into three different parts and used the Write-On tool to reveal it. I planned to parent a light to each three layers and have it "lead" the reveal. The problem I encountered is that the light illuminates the screen in a funky way. Basically, the Write-On layers have a sort of weird transparency to them instead of the solid white color they had before. If anyone knows another way of achieving my goal please share it. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Reveal object with a light
by on Oct 4, 2011 at 3:26:11 pm

Use the shapes you cut the monogram in- animate masks to reveal the shapes and apply Lens FLare/Optical flare on an Adjustment layer animating the location to match the mask animation as it reveals each piece.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

David SeayRe: Reveal object with a light
by on Oct 4, 2011 at 6:34:31 pm

You might try adding a null object or an adjustment layer on top, then add your lighting reveal effect above that. I've found that AE processes effects in unusual ways and more than once I've solved weird issues like that by simply adding a layer in between layer sources.

hope that helps.

TV- It's why Kennedy beat Nixon
david seay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved